Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Teandra's Pizza

This recipe comes from my wonderful and talented sister-in-law Teandra. She is an amazing chef and this is a very very yummy recipe. The only thing you really need to get right on this is the dough. It's great because it doesn't have to rise.

Dough Ingredients:
1 c warm water
1 T yeast
1 tsp sugar
1/4 c olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 - 2 1/2 c flour

Dough Directions: Mix the water and yeast and sugar, let sit until frothy. Add the other ingredients and mix/knead a bit until smooth. Spread on the pizza pan and top as you wish. Bake 400-450 degrees in oven until browned on the bottom.

Thoughts from Teandra: When I start making the pizza dough, I will pre-heat the oven and put the stone/pan into the over to pre-heat as well. I then take the HOT stone/pan out and put the dough on it, careful not to burn myself. Pre-heating the stone/pan will make the bottom crispy and starts the cooking process.

I dice up an onion really fine, and take some minced garlic (jar from fridge generally) and sprinkle that directly on the dough, then I sprinkle some pizza spices on: basil and oregano. Then I put the sauce on (little can of tomato sauce). I like to put the spices on the bottom since I think it helps the flavor get captured better. Then I put the cheese on and top with any ingredients we want. Ingredient Ideas: crumbled bacon, sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, onions, olives, mushrooms, tomatoes and parmesan cheese.

My thoughts on this: Really you can put any ingredients you want on. Once we loaded it with veggies another time we kept it simple with cheese and pepperoni (our daughter likes it better that way usually). But what we LOVE is putting the chopped onion, garlic and spices on before the sauce. The dough truly does capture the flavor. As you make it you'll find what you like and what you don't. For example: we definitely use onion it every time but we never end up putting a whole onion on-usually because of my husband's taste buds. We love pizza on Friday or Saturday night and this has saved us a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment