Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oreo Cookie Balls

I made these for the super bowl party at my parent's house and they were gone by the end of the game. These are very delicious and rich and perfect for any get-together.

Ingredients:
1 regular pkg oreos (3 rows of cookies)
1-8oz pkg cream cheese
4 oz white almond bark or a bag of white chocolate chips (I used white chocolate chips and they turned out great. But make sure you get a high quality chocolate chip)

Directions:
Add oreos to food processor and blend until fine. Add cream cheese to oreo crumbs and blend until dough-like. Chill mixture for 15 minutes then roll into bite-size balls. Chill balls for 15 minutes. Melt almond bark or chocolate chips in microwave making sure not to burn it. I melted my chocolate chips in a glass bowl on 50% power in 40 second intervals until it was all creamy and melted. If you have almond bark it should have how to melt it on the package. Dip chilled balls in melted chocolate using fork or toothpick so chocolate can drip off. Set on wax paper and let set approx. 30 minutes. If using sprinkles do so right away before chocolate sets. Once set I put the balls in mini cupcake liners to serve. These are best when chilled.

*I had a hard time covering the whole ball in chocolate at first but it got better as I practiced.

Recipe from Just a Pinch

No comments:

Post a Comment