Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Creamy Tomato and Chicken Spaghetti

I'm trying to get a good menu for our family. There have been several recipes that I have tried and they just haven't turned out very well. I consider myself a good cook. I follow directions and will try new things and improvise but for some reason some recipes just aren't good-at all. This one is very family friendly and again my daughter enjoyed it. The whole reason of wanting to expand our menu was my daughter. My husband and I could eat cereal every night and be happy with it. But I think he is grateful that I am trying new recipes. My husband is kind of picky too at times but he also really liked this one.

Ingredients:
1/2lb spaghetti, uncooked
2 cups frozen stir-fry veggies
1 TB oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 c zesty italian dressing (i used Kraft brand)
1/2 cup (1/2 of 8 oz box) cream cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cook spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package, adding stir-fry veggies to the boiling water for the last 3 min.

Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes and dressing; bring to boil. Simmer on medium heat 4 min., stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese spread; cook and stir until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended.

Drain spaghetti mixture; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan.

Recipe from Kraft Foods. I love this place, it has great recipes and a recipe box where you can store your favorite ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment