Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cinnamon Apple French Toast Bake

Having my husband wake up to the smell of this wonderful breakfast dish was such a treat for me. That is one of the reasons I enjoy cooking new things. This reminded me of a type of cobbler that can be cooked in a dutch oven or a breakfast you would have on Christmas or Easter morning. Mmmm, it was good.

Daughter rating: 4- Liked it!

Cinnamon Apple French Toast Bake
Ingredients:
  • 1 loaf (1lb) Cinnamon Bread - cut into cubes (I used Apple Friter Bread I found at Walmart. Leave the bread out for a little while to dry before putting in the pan. It will soak up the egg mixture better)
  • 1-21 oz. can Apple Pie Filling
  • 4 oz. Cream Cheese - cut into cubes (I used about 6 oz.)
  • 5 Eggs
  • 1 ¼ cup Half&Half
  • 2 T. Maple Syrup
  • ½ t Cinnamon
  • Maple Syrup
Method:

Grease one 9-inch deep dish pie pan. (I used a large 9 x 9 baking dish and it worked great)

Divide cinnamon bread cubes in half. Place half of the cubes in the bottom of the pie pan.

Spread apple pie filling over bottom layer of bread cubes. (I ran a knife through the larger pieces of apple, while they were still in the can, so that the apple would be in small pieces in the dish)

Sprinkle cream cheese cubes over apple pie filling and top with remaining bread cubes.

In a small bowl mix eggs, half & half, maple syrup and cinnamon; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.

Remove covering and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (until golden brown).

Allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving.

Slice, drizzle each serving with maple syrup and ENJOY! (my husband and I had it without syrup and it was still good.)

Again, thank you Studio 5 for the delicious recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment