Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Meltaway Cookies

I made these for baby shower. They were perfect because they were so cute and small. The colors for the shower were pink and green so we decorated the tops of them with pink and green frosting. They are really rich but so good and they do kind of melt in your mouth. I got this recipe from the cookbook called The Essential Mormon Cookbook.

Meltaway Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup butter
3/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup flour
1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting (see below)

Directions
In a medium bowl cream butter until fluffy. Add cornstarch and sugar and blend well. Beat in flour until thoroughly mixed. Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet and flatten out with the bottom of a glass. (Dip glass in powdered sugar to prevent sticking). Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (3oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together. Color with food coloring if desired.

My tips
I melted the butter a little because it makes it so much easier to blend with the other ingredients.
I just used my hands to make teaspoon size balls and put those on the baking sheet.
I liked mine a little softer so I cooked them for about 9-10 minutes.
These cookies are pretty fragile.
I used a different cream cheese recipe. This one makes ALOT. I made three or four batches of cookies and still had leftover frosting.

My cream cheese frosting recipe (from my aunt Denise):

Cream Cheese Frosting
1- 8 oz. cream cheese;softened 1 cube margarine 1 tsp. vanilla approx. 1 lb. powdered sugar

Mix altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment