Monday, June 1, 2009

MUFFIN ROLLS

Okay, so I don't really know the name of these rolls. Some friends in our ward invited us over for dinner and had these and said they were so easy and fast to make. They are also pretty good. I call them muffin rolls because I cooked them in a muffin pan. I guess you could cook them on a normal cookie sheet. They are very soft and I love that. They also have a muffiny texture to them. So if you don't want to take time to let dough rise and want a different kind of roll, this is the recipe you want.

Ingredients:
2 C self-rising flour
2 T sugar
1 C milk
4 heaping T mayo

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 count muffin pan, set aside. Combine all ingredients together, mixing well. Dough will be sticky. Spoon dough in muffin pan, filling each one 1/2 - 3/4 of the way full. Bake in oven for about 8 minutes or until bottom half of muffin is a light brown. I actually poked a toothpick in the middle to see if the dough was all the way done. You can brush butter on the top to keep them moist. These rolls should be pretty soft when finished.

* I did not have self-rising flour. But here is how you can make your own self rising flour:

For every cup of self-rising flour the recipe calls for, use:

1 C All purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

2 comments:

  1. Linds everything is white on the blog. You can't read the text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine does that sometimes. Try closing it and pulling it up again. Let me know if it's still like that and I'll change it.

    ReplyDelete