Monday, August 3, 2009

My new way of eating and BEAN ENCHILADAS

I know it's been over a month since I posted a recipe. Noelle has kept me pretty busy lately. I've also started a new diet I guess you could say. So everything I'm eating for now is almost all vegetarian. More like vegan. Almost everything I'm eating is all natural. It's all about loading up on fruits, veggies, and beans with a couple extras on the side such as some low calorie dressing, nuts, bran flakes, soy milk, and whole weat breads and rice. I'm not saying that I will never have sugar or meat again. Heck no! But I'm learning a lot about food and health and I'm feeling pretty good as well.

So the recipes I'm going to post are going to be mostly vegetarian. I'll try to find new recipes for Michael but not as much, for now anyway. Don't worry. Michael is okay with that. He helps me to resist the food that, for now, I don't want. Here is a recipe that we made last week. Keep in mind there is not a lot of salt in these recipes. So if you like salt you have to add it to your liking. I love this recipe because it gives me variety when sometimes all I eat is salads.

BEAN ENCHILADAS

Ingredients:
1 large can of enchilada sauce
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c sliced onion
1 c salsa
2 c canned cooked beans
1 c corn (frozen)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chopped cilantro
6-8 corn tortillas
1-2 Avacados, chopped

Heat enchilada sauce in pan on stove, on low-medium heat. Saute green pepper and onion in a skillet with 2 tbsp of salsa, until tender. Stir in beans, corn and seasonings. Dip tortilla in hot enchilada sauce, spoon about 1/4 c - 1/2 c of bean mixture on each and roll up. Place in baking dish. Pour extra enchilada sauce and bean mixture over the top of enchiladas. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 min. Place chopped avacodos in a bowl to serve over enchiladas.

No comments:

Post a Comment